Key Functions of Link Monitoring Tools
All link audit tools count links to your page and most offer other features to make this tedious process easier. The most important functions for these tools to have are:
1. How many links does the site have?
2. How many links does a specific page have?
3. What is the quality of the link?
4. Can it identify bad links and neighborhoods?
5. Can I upload my own data into the database for scoring?
6. Can I export link data?
7. Can I compare my links with other sites such as competitors?
8. Can I view and count anchor text occurrences?
All of the popular link tools perform these functions. We have developed a master list of link research and monitoring tools to get you started on your research.